Louise White Elementary School
Office: 630-937-8500; Attendance: 630-937-8503
It's not unusual for Batavia's northeast side residents to hear the ringing of a 19th-century bell on the first day of school. Every year students and staff members at Louise White Elementary ring the bell outside the school to celebrate a new year, Louise White Principal Kristine Webster said.
The school was named after Batavia principal and teacher Louise Conde White.
Batavia's first Louise White School was located downtown and was previously called East Side School.
The school is divided up into several pods that group together grades close in number. The Louise White school building layout is the exact same as H.C. Storm Elementary School on Batavia's west side.
- Fax: 630-937-8501
- Hours: School year: 8am - 4:30pm; Summer: 8am - noon
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp to addition through library; recessed sidewalks
- Founding Date: 1978
- Number of students: 497
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 37 certified staff, 9 non-certified instructional support staff
- How engaged is the school with the community?: "We definitely partner with the community and our school," Louise White Principal Kristine Webster said. "We have generations of families that come here."
- What makes this community special?: "Because we have such a rich history in town, it adds such a rich culture to our school," Webster said.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Chorus, band, orchestra
- Student clubs: Student council, school newspaper