H.C. Storm Elementary School
Office: 630-937-8200; Attendance: 630-937-8203
H.C. Storm Elementary School is on Batavia's west side. The school is divided into several pods that group together grades close in number. The H.C. Storm Elementary School building's layout is the same as Louise White Elementary School on Batavia's east side. The schools opened the same year, 1978.
- Fax: 630-937-8201
- Hours: School year: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm. Summer: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - noon.
- Handicap Accessible: One-level building, recessed sidewalk allows easy entry from parking lot.
- Founding Date: 1978
- Number of students: 468
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 37 certified staff, 10 non-certified instructional stuff
- How engaged is the school with the community?: 'The students and their families are an integral part of the Batavia community," H.C. Storm Principal Cynthia Sikorski said. "They participate in both school district activities and offerings the city has available to them."
- What makes this community special?: "The community is great because the parents really serve with us as partners for their children's education," Sikorski said.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, chorus, orchestra
- Student clubs: Student council (fourth and fifth grades)