Friday, Sept. 27
- All-School Assembly in the gymnasium – during school day
- 5 p.m. - Football vs. West Chicago (sophomore game)
- 7:30 p.m. – Football vs. West Chicago (varsity game)
Saturday, Sept. 28
(1) Readers On The Run 5K & Kids Fun Run — Support childhood literacy programs and school readiness initiatives by registering now for the Junior League of Kane & DuPage Counties’ Annual Readers on the Run 5k Run and Walk at Mooseheart.
(2) Totally Terrific Turtles — Deb Krohn, a.k.a. the Frog Lady, will bring several live turtles for children and parents to meet and touch during this program at the Batavia Public Library.
(3) Think Pink Bags Tourney — Come help BEI & American Cancer Society raise funds and awareness for the Fox Valley Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Cause. Across the street from McDonald's in downtown Batavia.
(4) 2013 Pumpkins For a Cure — This really is the big event of the weekend. On Saturday, you've got the mum sale, a petting zoo, carriage rides, free hot dogs, the very cool Harvest Taste at the Little Traveler, a scarecrow on stilts, face painting, storytime, Jason the Juggler and Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team! The celebration continues on Sunday, as well.
(5) The Old House New House Home Show — at Pheasant Run.
Sunday Sept. 29
(1) Outdoor Worship Service & Pet Blessing — The service begins at 10:30 a.m. and will be followed by a picnic at noon. At 2 p.m. there will be a Pet Blessing. All are invited to the United Methodist Church of Batavia.
(2) Swedish American Children's Choir Concert — Under the artistic direction of Marguerite Karl and accompanied by Shirley Fox, the largest Swedish children’s choir in the Midwest performs songs in both Swedish and English. Batavia Public Library.
(3) Fox Valley Holistic Health Celebration — Check out the Fox Valley Holistic Health Celebration, and learn about all the holistic wellness options available in our area.