The city of Batavia's Residential Leaf Collection Program begins on Monday, Oct. 14, for west side residents and on Monday, Oct. 21, for east side residents.
Leaves should be raked to curb by 6 a.m. on the Monday of your scheduled week.
The leaf collection program provides every resident with three collection opportunities, weather permitting. Please follow the guidelines below, provided by the city of Batavia:
- Rake leaves to the space in the parkway between the curb and about 6 feet back from curb by 6 a.m. on the Monday of your scheduled week. Leaves will be collected in designated areas, rain or shine. Crews will not return to an area once they have made one pass during the scheduled weeks. If crews pass your home before your leaves are out, the leaves may not be picked up for two more weeks.
- Per city ordinance, do not rake leaves into the street as this can create an unsafe driving surface and clogged storm drains, which can cause flooding. Raking leaves into a long windrow, rather than a large pile, will expedite the process. Please note that residents whose homes back up to an alley must still place leaves in their front parkway.
- Do not pile your leaves around obstacles such as mailboxes, utility poles/boxes, hydrants, trees, and sign posts.
- Limbs/brush should be placed in a separate pile for collection and may not be combined with leaf piles, as this damages the equipment. Limbs/brush should only be placed at the curb if there is a scheduled collection. The final citywide brush collection will be done the week of Dec. 2 for both sides of town.
Collections begin on Mondays at 6 a.m. according to the proposed schedule. Updates showing daily progress will be posted in the News section of the city's website once the program begins.WEST: Oct 14, 28, Nov. 11 *
EAST: Oct. 21, Nov. 4, Nov. 18 *
* The third pickup up is tentative and will only be done weather permitting.
Click here for more details about the program, including daily progress while the program is under way, or call the Street Division of Batavia Public Works at 630-454-2400.
Brush Collection Program
The next east side brush collection begins the week of Monday, Oct. 14; west side begins the week of Monday, Oct. 21. Brush may be placed at the curb the weekend prior to your scheduled collection and no later than 7 a.m. on Monday of scheduled week.
Click here for more information about the brush collection program. If you have questions, call the Street Division of Batavia Public Works at 630-454-2400.
SOURCE: City of Batavia