Batavia's 2013 Street Program is set to begin Monday, Oct. 7, so keep the following streets in mind if you're traveling through town.
The following is courtesy of the city of Batavia, which does a very good job communicating upcoming street work and projects.
The links below will take you to the specific details and construction updates for each specific roadway. Please check back often as they will be updated as the project progresses.
- Blaine Street (Harrision Street to west end)
- Church Street (Hamlet Street to east end)
- Kingsland Drive (Swanson Drive to Douglas Road)
- Laurel Street (S. River Street to west end)
- Millview Drive (Batavia Avenue to Towne Avenue)
- Prairie Street Alley (northwest corner of Wilson Street and Prairie Street)
- Raddant Road (Fabyan Parkway to Douglas Road)
- Swanson Drive (Raddant Road to Kingsland Drive)
- Wind Energy Pass (Hart Road to Gillenwater Street)
- Pavement Patching (Various locations in City)
Types of Roadway Maintenance:
Below is a general description of what work is included typically included.
- Resurfacing: Minor resurfacing consists of curb, sidewalk removal/replacement and driveway apron patching as necessary. Not all curb and driveways will be affected. The roadway will also receive a new 2-inch asphalt driving surface.
- Pavement Patching: Pavement patching consists of replacing specific areas of pavement, which have started showing deterioration or potholes. The areas of pavement that are currently showing deterioration are removed and replaced with a 2-inch asphalt surface. This practice promotes a better driving surface and helps extend the life of the pavement.
Below are location maps for the east side and west side streets to be resurfaced as part of the 2013 Street Program. These maps were updated as of Sept. 13, 2013.
- East Side Streets (north of Wilson Street)
- East Side Streets(south of Wilson Street)
- West Side Streets
- For concerns, questions or special events that need to be coordinated, please contact the Street Program Hotline at 630-454-2770 or firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from the city's staff will get back to you during normal business hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Between the hours of 5 p.m. to 8 a.m., for non-life threatening emergencies, please contact the non-emergency police line at 630-454-2000
- For emergency situations, please contact the Police Department at 911.
Contractor: Geneva Construction of Aurora, IL
Schedule: The contractor will begin work on Monday, Oct. 7 and will begin with the curb/sidewalk removal and replacement on Millview Drive and Wind Energy Pass. They will generally be moving from the west side of town to the southeast side of town to the northeast side of town. The overall contract completion date is November 15th. As work progresses, please visit the project website as information about the construction for each street will be updated.
Notifications: Notifications have been sent out to the residents and notifications to the industrial park area will go out this week. We have been in contact with each of the businesses in the industrial park that will be impacted by curb repairs to coordinate this work.
Parking: Orange parking passes have been provided to the residents who will not be able to park in their driveway due to construction impacts. These residents will be parking overnight on the street in front of their home or on the adjacent side street during construction. The parking passes detail the information regarding parking overnight.
Road Closures: There are no planned permanent road closures. There will be times where roadways will be restricted to one lane, with flaggers directing traffic.
Mail and Garbage Service: Mail and garbage service will not be interrupted during construction.
Contact Information: Any resident calls can be directed to the Street Program Hotline at 630-454-2700.
Project Website & Facebook: Updates regarding this project can be found on the City’s website at http://www.cityofbatavia.net/Content/templates/?a=4522 and periodic updates will be posted to the City’s Facebook page.