The new lineup of principals for Batavia's elementary schools is now complete.
Tim McDermott will become the new principal of . The Batavia School Board approved his employment during its monthly meeting Tuesday night.
McDermott is currently the Student Services Coordinator at Gombert Elementary School in Indian Prairie School District #204. His annual salary in Batavia will be $95,000, according to the School Board's Tuesday meeting packet.
McDermott joins two other new principals hired in May—Jeff Modaff and Nicole Prentiss. Modaff will be principal and Prentiss will become principal of .
McDermott rounds out the revised Batavia elementary school principal roster. This year the district transferred four principals and hired Modaff and Prentiss.
H.C. Storm was in need of a principal after in Sycamore. Webster was going to transfer from her role as Principal, a position she held for three years.
The transfers were necessary in order to get ready for new state and federal mandates that begin next year, district leaders said.
A full list of the transfers and who replaced whom is in the third part of this article below.
The Batavia School Board also approved:
- Josh Bulak as Dean of Students for . Bulak's salary will be $70,000.
- Kathy Scaffidi as Administrative Assistant to Batavia Superintendent Jack Barshinger. She will make $23 an hour. This week is Scaffidi's last at Louise White School.
Complete List of Batavia Principal Changes
The Batavia School Board earlier this year voted on the following transfers :
- Cynthia Sikorski, H.C. Storm School principal, will become the district's Assistant Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Tim McDermott, student services coordinator at Gombert Elementary School in Aurora, will take Sikorski's place at H.C. Storm.
- Kristine Webster, Louise White School principal, was originally supposed to fill Sikorski’s spot at H.C. Storm. Webster went go to work in Sycamore's school district instead.
- Kevin Skomer, Grace McWayne School principal, will take Webster’s place at Louise White.
- Jeff Modaff, principal of the Brokaw Early Learning Center in Oswego, will take Skomer's place at Grace McWayne.
- Lisa Palese, assistant district director of student services, will become the Student Services Coordinator at Rotolo Middle School.
- Melissa Kaczkowski, J.B. Nelson School principal, will take Palese’s place in the district’s main office.
- Nicole Prentiss, assistant principal of Nicholas A. Hermes Elementary School in Aurora, will take Kaczkowski's place at J.B. Nelson.
These school leaders will begin their latest roles on July 2, 2012 (July 1 is a Sunday).
Here is the biographical information provided by the district for McDermott:
Tim McDermott and his wife, Jenna, grew up in Illinois and currently reside in Oswego with their two daughters. McDermott received his BA in Education from Arizona State University and taught for three years in Tempe, Arizona.
McDermott returned to Illinois where he was a fourth-grade teacher and later became the Interventionist at Gwendolyn Brooks Elementary School in Indian Prairie School District #204. During his tenure as a teacher, McDermott received his MA in Teaching and Learning from Nova Southeastern University and his English as a Second Language endorsement from National Louis University.
While in the role of Interventionist at Brooks, Tim earned his MA in School Leadership from Concordia University. He then became Student Services Coordinator at Gombert Elementary School in Indian Prairie.
For more Batavia school news, click here.