Due to extreme temperatures, Batavia Public School District is canceling school Tuesday, Jan. 7, School District 101 reported at around noon Monday.
Some extracurriculars were continued, including some sports practices.
Other Batavia agencies are closed, and garbage collection has been delayed a day.
The scheduled Parent Advisory Council meeting on Tuesday evening is also cancelled.
The following is information about athletic practices and contests:
- Sophomore and varsity boys' and girls' basketball teams will practice from 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday. No freshmen practices.
- The varsity and junior varsity wrestling teams will practice from 3 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Tuesday. No freshmen practice.
- Gymnastics will not practice.
- Varsity cheerleading will practice from noon to 2 p.m.
- All home and away games have been cancelled.
Finally, prior to Wednesday, please have your child log in to PowerSchool and print a new schedule for the second semester if you have not done so already. Many changes to rooms and teachers were made since schedules were distributed in August.
If you have any questions, please call 630-937-8600 on Tuesday.
SOURCE: Batavia School District 101