By Ted Schnell
The city of St. Charles' mosquito-control vendor, Clarke, is conducting a citywide spray targeting mosquitoes after a sample batch of mosquitoes collected in St. Charles tested positive for West Nile virus.
The city of St. Charles issued a release Thursday afternoon to let residents know ahead of the spraying, which is scheduled from dawn to dusk Friday, Aug. 23, 2013.
The Kane County Health Department has detected West Nile virus in mosquitoes and in dead birds elsewhere in the county, although this is the first time the virus has been detected in St. Charles this summer.
More About West Nile Virus
To learn more about West Nile virus and the steps you can take to protect yourself, check out these links.
- Aug. 15, 2013: Batavia Is Surrounded by West Nile Virus
- Aug. 13, 2013: Birds in Batavia Test Positive for West Nile Virus
- Aug. 2, 2013: Mosquitoes Found in Montgomery Trap Test Positive for West…
- July 26, 2013: West Nile Virus Threat Grows in Kane County
- July 16, 2013: State Reports West Nile Activity in Kane County
- July 13, 2013: UPDATE: More Kane County Mosquitoes Test Positive for West…
- June 13, 2013: Is West Nile Virus Coming to Kane County?