Rocks Thrown By Teenagers?
A victim from Lake in the Hills told police that her vehicle was struck by a rock that she believes was thrown by four female juvenile suspects in the 200 block of North Kirk Road, according to a report filed around 6:47 p.m. Aug. 9.
Shopping Cart Damage at Wal-Mart
The passenger-side mirror of a vehicle parked in the Wal-Mart at 801 N. Randall Road was struck by an unattended shopping cart, according to a report filed at 11:16 p.m. Aug. 6. The cost to repair the damage was unknown at the time of the report.
Damage to Public Property
- Someone damaged a stop-sign pole at the southeast corner of Viking and Wintergreen Terrace, according to a report filed at 7:34 a.m. Aug. 11.
- Someone damaged three utility poles with spray paint between Aug. 6 and Aug. 9 in the 700 block of North Forest Aveneue, according to a report filed at 11:27 a.m. Aug. 11. The estimated cost to repair the damage was $100.
- Someone damaged a stop sign and pole at the northeast corner of Hillsboro and Larkspur, according to a report filed around1:12 p.m. Aug. 11.
Damage to Home's Landscape Lights
Two landscape lights were broken in the 600 block of Bernadette Lane according to a report file at 12:37 a.m. Aug. 6.
Graffiti at Parks, Lift Station
- Someone used a marker to put graffiti on a bicycle trail sign just north of the Batavia Skate Park and on three bridges at Clark Island Park, 400 S.River St., reports said. The reports were filed at 9:52 a.m. and 9:57 a.m. Aug. 8.
- Someone marked graffiti on the slide at Wind Energy Park, 850 Wnd Energy Pass, according to a report filed around 7:16 p.m. Aug. 8.
- Someone painted graffiti to the front doors of the Batavia lift station, 525 Western Avenue as well as on the electrical transformer next door to the station and on the creek culvert concrete curbing just north of the lift station, reports said. The report was filed at 9:38 a.m. Aug. 6.
- Someone put graffiti and stickers on the AT&T boxes and city of Batavia signs at Raddant Road and Wind Energy Pass and at Stiers, Moorhead, according to a report filed at 8:33 a.m. Aug. 5.