During the enforcement period, St. Charles police officers issued the following citations and made the following arrests:
- Five DUI arrests
- 20 citations for safety belts
- Three citations for suspended/revoked license
- Five citations for uninsured motorists
- 18 citations for speeding
- 18 citations for other violations
- 34 warnings for various violations.
This safety campaign is done in cooperation with, and funded by, the Illinois Department of Transportation. This initiative is part of a Statewide program to reduce the number of traffic fatalities.
Credit: St. Charles Police Department press release.