.

Monday Night Fire Damages St. Charles Home

St. Charles Fire Department
St. Charles Fire Department

A malfunction in an attic fan is believed to have caused a blaze Monday night at a St. Charles home, according to local fire officials. 

The St. Charles Fire Department was called to 1728 South Fourth Place at 7:21 p.m. for a report of a fire showing from the roof of the one-story, single-family home, according to a St. Charles Fire Department press release. Neighbors called 911 to report the blaze. 

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in about 15 minutes. No one was home at the time of the blaze and no injuries were reported. 

Damage is estimated at $10,000. The St. Charles Fire Department was assisted by the Geneva, Batavia and West Chicago Fire Departments. The Elburn Fire Department provided coverage while St. Charles units were committed to the fire. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »