Here's a roundup of accidents and moving violations in Batavia for the week of March 7 through March 14. Provided below are the locations and names when a citation was given.
- East Wilson and Raddant Road, one driver cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident
- North Raddant and Douglas Road, failure to yield turning left
- East Wilson and Washington Avenue, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident
- Kohl’s parking lot, 251 N. Randall Road
- Police arrested Jonathan Ramos, 25, of Elgin for having no front vehicle registration and no valid driver’s license. Ramos has a court date of April 9.
- Damage to Guardrail—A driver damaged a metal guard rail at Route 25 and Bond Street on March 12. The state of Illinois is the property owner. No citations were issued.
- Accident With Injuries—Two vehicles collided at the intersection of North Washington Avenue and State Street. One driver was transported to Delnor Hospital. One drive were cited for failure to yield at a stop sign or intersection.
- Batavia police cited Monica F. Guiterrez, 34, of Aurora for having no valid driver’s license on March 9. She was released on $150 bond and has a court date of April 16.
- Batavia Avenue and Millview
- Parking lot of Chase Bank, 130 S. Batavia Ave.
- Shell Station Car Wash, 104 S. Randall Road
- Janesa L. Guedes, 18, of Chicago was cited for improper lane usage and no valid driver’s license. She has a court date of April 16.
- Police arrested Jose J. Vasquez-Silva, 39, of Batavia for possession of stolen or altered registration, possession or display of fictitious ID card, obstructing identification after a traffic stop on March 7.