Will you take the kids trick-or-treating the weekend before Halloween? You don't have to.
suggest the trick-or-treat hours of 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 31.
Here are the police department's safety tips for your little ones:
- Walk in small groups, not alone.
- Bicycles and skateboards should be left at home.
- Younger children should be accompanied by adults.
- Costumes should not restrict vision.
- Use stick-on reflective material generously.
- Carry a flashlight if out after dark.
- Only give or accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Parents should examine candy carefully before children are allowed to eat it.
Additional safety tips and Halloween bags are available at the Batavia Police Department, 100 N. Island Ave.
Have a safe and Happy Halloween!