The following is a roundup of thefts, criminal damage and miscellaneous police report items from the month of August.
Property Removal Denied
Two male subjects were seen removing items from a house in foreclosure in the 700 block of Mather Lane, according to a Batavia police report field at 6:50 p.m. Aug. 23. Police contacted the mortgage company and found that the men, both from Aurora, had no authorization to remove any items. Police also contacted the owner, who said he had no issue with the property being removed, but the men were directed to return the items to the residence.
Someone reported finding a wallet on the sidewalk at Walgreens, 142 W. Wilson St., reports said. The report was filed at 2:34 p.m. Aug. 24. The owner was identified, and contact was made with a family member.
A dumpster fire was reported at 8:14 p.m. Aug. 21 at Rubicon, 950 Douglas Road.
Burglary to Motor Vehicle
- A vehicle burglary was reported at 8:01 p.m. Aug. 26 in the 600 block of Carriage Drive, reports said. The burglary took place between midnight and 7:15 a.m., but the report did not say what, if anything, was taken.
- Someone pried open the driver’s-side door of a vehicle in the 900 block of Lexington Lane, according to a report filed at 11:30 p.m. Aug. 22. Taken were several electronic items valued at $900.
Criminal Damage and Defacement
- Someone damaged a utility box at 411 S. River St., according to a report filed around 4:58 p.m. Aug. 19. The cost to repair the damage is unknown.
- Someone broke a window on the center garage door at Kozek Custom Landscape, 701 First St., according to a report filed at 4:31 p.m. Aug. 16.
- Someone tagged the north wall and north side utility box using a green marker at the Batavia Sewage Treatment Plant, 400 Shumway Ave., according to a report filed at 8:32 a.m. Aug. 14. The cost of cleanup was estimated at $50.
- Someone scratched and put pry marks in the front passenger-side door frame of a vehicle parked in the 300 block of McKee St., according to a report filed at 5:19 p.m. Aug. 12.
- The ATT box in the 300 block of Laurel Street was painted with graffiti, according to a report filed at 11:09 a.m. Aug. 27.
- Criminal Damage to State Property — An apartment door was damaged in the 1100 block of East Wilson Street, according to a report filed around 3:44 p.m. Aug. 27. Why it is state property, I do not know.
- Someone knocked down the speed limit sign at McKee and West Wilson Streets, according to a report filed at 7:38 a.m. Aug. 26.
- Someone wrote graffiti on an AT&T box at South Raddant Road and Eckman Drive, a Comcast box in the 2100 block of South Raddant Road, city of Batavia boxes in the 2000 block and 2200 of South Raddant Road, an ATT box at the intersection of South Raddant Road and Moorehead Drive, an AT&T box at South Randall Road and Edwards Drive, according to reports filed around 11:45 a.m. Aug. 21.
- A theft was reported at 4:32 p.m. Aug. 27 in the 200 block of Church Street. The report is incomplete.
- Someone took a silver LG Viper cell phone at Batavia High School, according to a report filed at 1:26 p.m. Aug. 26. The report says the phone was located at 2:50 p.m.
- Incomplete reports filed at 4 p.m. Aug. 21 at Wal-Mart, 801 N. Randall Road, at 4:45 p.m. at the 1300 block of Davey Drive, and at 8:54 p.m. at Target, 115 N. Randall Road. No further information at this time.