Halloween is right around the corner ... are your kids ready to go trick-or-treating?
Batavia Police suggest the trick-or-treat hours of 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
Here are the police department's safety tips for your little ones:
- Walk in small groups, not alone.
- Bicycles and skateboards should be left at home.
- Younger children should be accompanied by adults.
- Costumes should not restrict vision.
- Use stick-on reflective material generously.
- Carry a flashlight if out after dark.
- Only give or accept wrapped or packaged candy.
- Parents should examine candy carefully before children are allowed to eat it.
Before you go, take a look at our sex offender map for Batavia and avoid these homes.
Have a safe and Happy Halloween!