The news comes after the company's announcement that it will open 650 new stores across the country over the next five years.
In a press release issued Tuesday, ALDI said job seekers are invited to apply for store associate and shift manager positions.
The following job fairs are set for 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 20:
For stores in the western suburbs
- Naperville: Marriot, 1801 Naper Blvd.
For stores in the south suburbs:
- Tinley Park: Hilton Garden Inn, 9333 S. Cicero Ave.
- Tinley Park: Holiday Inn Convention Center, 18451 Convention Center Dr.
For Chicago stores north of I-290
- Chicago: Hotel Lincoln: 1816 N. Clark St., second floor
For Chicago stores south of I-290
- Chicago: Chicago Lake Shore Hotel, 4900 S. Lake Shore Dr.
For stores in the north/northwest suburbs:
- Schaumburg: Hilton Garden Inn, 1191 E. Woodfield Rd.
Available positions include store associates ($13/hour) and shift managers ($13/hour plus an additional $4 per hour when performing manager duties). Part-time employees working at least 20 hours per week receive full health insurance benefits, dental coverage and 401K.
Job requirements are as follows:
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Retail experience preferred
- Drug screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds