The festivities will take place from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 1.
“We are thrilled to be expanding this years’ Block Party to both sides of the river for people to enjoy more of downtown Batavia,” said Joi Cuartero, director of Batavia MainStreet. “This Block Party is growing so fast and we hope to
continue to provide unique ways for families to get out and enjoy their downtown!”
Following the Block Party will be "after parties" with more live music and entertainment.
North River St. Lineup
- Participating restaurants with drink specials and $2 tastings of the best food in Batavia
- Classic Car Show
- Broadcast Classic Rock Music
- Activities: Pie Bake Off (registration required), Hula Hoop and twist off contest and more for prizes.
- Participating restaurants with drink specials and $2 tastings
- Live music at the band shell
- Live performances at the band shell
- Kids activities and play area
- Lawn games and bags tournament
- Classic Car Show
Visitors can walk across the pedestrian bridge or take a stroll across north Wilson Street and view the Classic Car Show that will line the street connecting North River Street to the Riverwalk.
Back again this year, River City Church will host a bounce house, face painting, balloons, and a raffle to keep children and their parents entertained. Between bounces, participants can grab a map and stop at each participating restaurants
for unique drink specials and $2 tastings of Batavia’s hometown cuisines.
At the Peg Bond Center, visitors will see lively shows by local dance companies, Batavia Academy of Dance and A Step Above Dance Academy, then groove to the jazz, swing and rhythm and blues of Miss Jubilee and the Humdingers.
The Pie Bake Off offers residents a chance to win cash prizes and
recognition in Neighbors Magazine. You can sign up by calling 630-761-3528.
Sponsors include Music Matters, Hagemann Wealth Management, Bulldog Plumbing and Boyce Body Werks.
Visit downtownbatavia.com/blockparty for all the up-to-date information.