Here are some interesting, different, unusual things to do this weekend in the Tri Cities:
COTTAGES IN THE WOODS SCANDINAVIAN CHRISTMAS
- Where/When: Good Templar Park, 10 am.-4p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 17-18
- Why Go: This one's a community favorite. You go from cottage to cottage, you see gnomes all over the place, you visit with nice people and you find unusual, homemade gifts for the holidays. Great fun. Stop by.
- Pricing: Free
GENEVA MUSIC BOOSTERS HOLIDAY WREATH SALE PICKUP
- Where/When: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17 at Geneva High School
- Why Go: OK, this is a bit of a bait and switch, because (to the best of my knowledge) you can't just go there and buy stuff, you have to pre-order. That said, this is a gentle reminder for a fun community event.
- Pricing: Free.
2012 CHICAGO FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL
- Where/When: Pheasant Run Resort, all day Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 17-18
- Why Go: Hmm. Food. Wine. What's not to like? "This celebration of food and wine will feature unique tastings from top chefs, restaurants, sommeliers, brewers and Mixologists. It’s a culinary adventure to please even the most sophisticated palates."
- Pricing: Prices vary.