The Rev. Glen E. Morden was installed Sunday, March 24, as the new senior pastor of Batavia Covenant Church.
Morden was born in Calgary, Alberta Canada, and was raised in Abbotsford, British Columbia. He did his undergraduate work at Biola University in La Mirada CA, graduating with a B.A. in Music Education with a minor in Bible. He taught High School in San Diego, South Tahoe and Sacramento.
After marrying his bride Marci, he entered the ministry at Redeemer Covenant Church in Orangevale and began a Masters of Divinity program at Western Seminary in 2000.
At Redeemer Covenant Church, he initially served as the Worship and Youth Pastor. In his last two years at Redeemer, he transitioned to the Associate Pastor role and changed his ministry focus from youth to evangelism, focusing on those in drug and alcohol recovery.
Morden was called as Lead Pastor to Patterson Covenant Church in 2007. In the past six years, he has given leadership to many churches in the community; assisting in the planting of both a Samoan and a Hispanic Church and serving as the president of the Patterson Ministerial Association. He also contributes regularly to the localnewspaper’s faith page.
As a pastor and teacher for 19 years, Morden has helped people break free from sin to liveabundantly in Christ. He is by nature a visionary and encourager.
Pastor Glen received his Masters of Divinity in 2010, and was Ordained to Word and Sacramentin the Evangelical Covenant Church in 2012. He has been married to Marci for 13 years.They have five children, the four youngest live at home; Evan (20), Molly (11), Amy (8), Katie (6) and Toby (5).
His other interests are writing music, camping, fishing, golfing and skim boarding.
- SOURCE: Batavia Covenant Church press release
About Batavia Covenant Church
- Batavia Covenant Church is located at 1314 Main St, Batavia, IL. It was started in Batavia in 1871. The church website is: www.bataviacovenant.com
- Its national church denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church of America is located in Chicago. Website: www.covchurch.org
- Related denominational institutions that may be familiar to people include The Holmstad retirement community in Batavia, plus North Park University and Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago.
- The church is located right across the street from Batavia High School and draws members from South Elgin to Aurora, and from Elburn & Sugar Grove east into DuPage County.
- The church welcomes the community to join us for the Easter Sunday services on March 31, oranyone looking for a new church home.
Regular Sunday morning schedule:
- 9 a.m. — Contemporary worship with worship team.
- 10-10:35 a.m. — Meet and greet coffee time with snacks.
- 10:35 a.m. — Traditional worship with traditional hymns accompanied by organ, piano, brass or strings.
- Sunday school classes are also offered during both worship services