Wilson Street Is Next on Batavia's Streetscape To-Do List
Work begins in June for the Wilson Street portion of the city of Batavia's streetscape project.
Wilson Street is next on the city of Batavia's to-do list, with $3.5 million in improvments coming when work starts in June, according to a report in the Kane County Chronicle.
Improvements will include a half-dozen "bump outs" at the crossing areas along with brick crosswalks at the intersections. Traffic signal improvements also are part of the package.
Batavia will get $1.5 million in Illinois Transportation Enhancement Program funds plus $656,000 from the state for the traffic signals.
Work from Island Avenue to Batavia Avenue will take three or four months to complete.
According to the city of Batavia's website, work also will conclude a traffic-signal interconnect, the goal of which is "to synchronize and coordinate the intersections in a specific corridor allowing for platoons of traffic to travel more smoothly and quickly with maximum green-light time, through the corridor."
From the City's Website
- For concerns, questions or special events that need to be coordinated, please contact the Streetscape Project Hotline at 630-454-2777 and someone from our staff will get back to you during normal business hours Monday thru Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Between the hours of 5:00pm - 8:00pm, for non-life threatening emergencies, please contact the non-emergency police line at 630-454-2500.
- For emergency situations, please contact the Police Department at 911.
- UPDATE: City Talks Streetscape Project
- Batavia Has High Hopes for Streetscape Project
- Get A Closer Look at Streetscape Project With Open House This Thursday
- Streetscape Passes Council, Goes Full Steam Ahead
- Streetscape Committee Holds 1st Neighborhood Plan Meeting
- Streetscape Committee Takes First Steps To Revitalize Downtown
- Committee Questions Altamanu Costs, Discusses Facade Program Changes