It's not too late to help out some Batavia kids in need this holiday season.
Once again the Batavia ACCESS Toy Committee is in search of donations for their annual drive.
This year the Committee anticipates serving more than the 620 children it helped last year. As of Dec. 2, Batavia ACCESS had 440 Batavia children already on the list with more expected.
What You Can Give
ACCESS is accepting physical and monetary donations. Gift cards to restaurants and stores are great gifts for teens. Toys that require batteries aren’t as useful as others. Please leave items unwrapped!
Here is a list:
- New or gently used toys
- Puzzles and games
- Stuffed animals
- Gloves and mittens
- Checks made out to "Batavia Access Toys"
- Gift cards to restaurants and stores (gift cards will be given to teens)
Please drop off your donations at:
- Batavia Police Department, 100 N. Island Ave.
- One of the Batavia fire stations, 800 E. Wilson St. or 1400 Main St.
- The Batavia Public Library, 10 S. Batavia Ave.
- Curves Fitness Studio, 833 E. Wilson St.
- Foltos Tonsorial Parlor, 7 E. Wilson St. (just east of the downtown bridge)
Donations at all locations will be accepted until this Saturday, Dec. 10.
Batavia and Batavia Township children up to age 16 will have a merrier Christmas because of the compassion Batavia residents show year after year. With the help of generous Batavians, this year will hopefully be no exception.
Parents of children who qualify are invited by letter to “shop” at the toy store, which is set up using the donations and run completely by volunteers.
The committee this year includes Rudy and Marilyn Dubis, Roy, Jeanne and Brittany Bailey.
Anyone with questions regarding the toy drive should contact Co-Chairman Roy Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.