Death Notices: March 19, 2013, Include a Famous Movie Actor, 102-Year-Old WWII Veteran and Many Other Loved Ones
Geneva, St. Charles and Batavia lost some remarkable people in the past week. Here is a brief description along with links to their stories and funeral arrangements.
Malone Funeral Home, Geneva
- Paul M. Cook, 84, of Geneva, whose movie credits include Damien-Omen II, The Untouchables and Somewhere In Time, will be remembered during a memorial visitation and celebration of life Saturday March 23, 2013, at Malone Funeral Home, 324 E. State St., Geneva.
- Richard Riha, 67, of Geneva was an avid Harley Davidson enthusiast but his greatest enjoyment in life was spending time with family and friends.
Yurs Funeral Home, Geneva/St. Charles
- Theodore Kolodziej, 98, of Sterling, formally of St. Charles, will be remembered at a visitation Wednesday, March 20, at Yurs Funeral Home of St. Charles.
Moss Family Funeral Home, Batavia;
Moss-Norris Funeral Home, St. Charles
- Alex N. Makaroplos, 90, of Batavia, much-loved father, grandfather and uncle.
- Clarence Meyer Blacksmith, 102, a lifelong resident of Batavia, served the United States Army Air Corps during WWII, model railroad and motorcycle enthusiast.
- Lorraine A. Hazelton, 82, of St. Charles, was a nurse’s aide at Geneva Community Hospital, loving mother, devoted wife and a very creative and artistic person.
- Frances L. Pedersen died March 18. Funeral arrangements are pending as this is written.
From Out of Town
If you have a relative or loved one who passed away out of the area, please post an obituary notice in the Announcements on Patch.
Patch Funeral Home Guide
Are you looking for more information about Tri-Cities funeral homes and services? Would you care to review the services provided by a local funeral home? Click on the funeral home names to see the Patch Places listing for each business to write a review or learn more about the funeral home.
Want to keep up with Death Notices in St. Charles, Geneva and Batavia?
- Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.
- Please post Death Notices in our Announcements.