POLICE: Woman Accused of Stabbing at Batavia Apartments Thursday
Cyrenthia D. Williams, 18, of Chicago was taken to the Kane County Jail. This is the second stabbing in about three months at Batavia Apartments.
An 18-year-old Chicago woman faces two counts of aggravated battery after a stabbing Thursday on Batavia's east side, according to police.
Cyrenthia D. Williams, of the 5100 block of west Concorde Place, is accused of stabbing a 26-year-old Aurora woman with a knife, according to a Batavia Police Department press release.
The incident happened inside a unit at the Batavia Apartments complex, 1259 E. Wilson St. Police said they were dispatched to the scene at 7:39 p.m. Thursday.
Upon arrival, officers found the Aurora woman, who said she had been stabbed with a knife.
A verbal argument between the Aurora woman and Williams turned physical, at which point Williams stabbed the woman while they were inside of an apartment, police said after an initial investigation.
The Aurora woman was transported to Delnor Community Hospital in Geneva with non-life threatening injuries. She was treated and released.
Chicago Woman Charged, Jailed
Williams was taken into police custody without incident.
Batavia Police contacted the Kane County State's Attorney's Office, who authorized the following charges on Williams:
- One count of Aggravated Battery—Bodily Harm
- One count of Aggravated Battery—Deadly Weapon
The aggravated battery charges are Class 3 felonies. If convicted of any of the felonies, Williams could be sentenced to up to five years in prison, according to sentencing guidelines in the state statute.
Williams was transported to the Kane County Jail to await morning bond call.
3 Batavia Stabbings in 2012
This is the second reported stabbing at Batavia Apartments and the third stabbing overall in Batavia in just over three months:
- A 24-year-old Batavia woman is accused of stabbing the 25-year-old father of one of her children on April 30 at the Batavia Apartments complex. The man was pronounced dead at Delnor Hospital and the woman faces two counts of first-degree murder.
- A 54-year-old Chicago man is accused of stabbing a co-worker on May 21 in a Suncast Corporation parking lot, 701 N. Kirk Road. He faces one count of First Degree Attempted Murder and two counts of aggravated battery.
Here are some ways to follow this story:
- Click on the “Keep Me Posted” button right below this article. You will be sent an e-mail only when we have an update on this specific stabbing.
- Sign up for our free breaking news alerts at batavia.patch.com/newsletters.