Batavia Principal to Leave District For Position in Sycamore
Kris Webster will depart Batavia this month. A new principal will be announced this week, Batavia's superintendent said.
The Batavia principal that was supposed to transfer to H.C. Storm School next year is going to another district instead.
Kristine Webster, current principal of Louise White School, accepted a position in Sycamore School District 427 as the Director of Curriculum. Her last day in Batavia is June 29.
"While I am excited for this new opportunity, there is so much I will miss here," Webster said Wednesday in an online message. "It has been my privilege to be a part of such a wonderful school community. Thank you!"
A new principal for H.C. Storm will be named this week, Batavia Superintendent Jack Barshinger told Batavia Patch on Wednesday.
Barshinger said there will be no more principal transfers this year. Webster's scheduled move to H.C. Storm was one in a series of transfers in place for the 2012-13 school year.
Webster also announced that Secretary Kathy Scaffidi will leave Louise White School on July 1 to become Barshinger's administrative assistant. She replaces JoAnne Walker, who will retire this year.
Webster taught at Louise White for eight years before serving as principal for the past three years.
Batavia Public Schools moved staff around to prepare a new teacher appraisal system, and address other new state and federal mandates.
The Batavia School Board earlier this year voted on the following transfers and hires:
- Cynthia Sikorski, H.C. Storm School principal, will become the district's Assistant Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Kristine Webster, Louise White School principal, was supposed to fill Sikorski’s spot at H.C. Storm. Webster will go to work in Sycamore, so the district will announce the new H.C. Storm principal shortly.
- Kevin Skomer, Grace McWayne School principal, will take Webster’s place at Louise White.
- Jeff Modaff, principal of the Brokaw Early Learning Center in Oswego, will take Skomer's place at Grace McWayne.
- Lisa Palese, assistant district director of student services, will become the Student Services Coordinator at Rotolo Middle School.
- Melissa Kaczkowski, J.B. Nelson School principal, will take Palese’s place in the district’s main office.
- Nicole Prentiss, assistant principal of Nicholas A. Hermes Elementary School in Aurora, will take Kaczkowski's place at J.B. Nelson.
To be notified when Batavia announces the new H.C. Storm principal, click the “Keep Me Posted” button right below this article. If you are already signed up, the button will not appear.