Armed Robbery Reported At Batavia Subway Wednesday
A male suspect displayed a semi-automatic handgun at the Batavia Subway near Jewel-Osco. Here's a still from the security camera and a description of the suspect.
Editor's note: This story was updated early Thursday morning with more details about the robbery, including a specific time and a description of the subject.
The robbery happened at about 8:40 p.m. Wednesday at the restaurant, located at 13 S. Randall Road in the same lot as the Batavia Jewel-Osco.
A white male displayed a handgun, demanded and received cash from the register, police said. The male suspect's age is described as between 25 and 35 years old.
The suspect left after only being in the Subway for about 25 seconds. The man waited until there was only one employee in the store and no customers, according to police.
Authorities on Wednesday released a still image, shown here on this page, of the incident from a security camera.
Here is the police department's full description of the subject:
- White male
- 25-35 years old
- About 5'10"
- Medium build
- Wore a blue/gray wool stocking cap with a light colored stripe near the top and earflaps with tassels, sunglasses, a blue puffy jacket, black pants and gloves
- Displayed a black semi-automatic handgun
- Spoke English, no accent noted
Residents reported that several police officers responded to the robbery scene.
If you saw or know anything about this robbery, please call the Batavia Police Department at 630-454-2500.
Here are some ways to follow this story:
- Click on the "Keep me posted" button right below this article. You will receive an e-mail notification only when we post an update on this Nov. 23 Batavia armed robbery.
- Sign up on this site with an e-mail address here. You will receive the free daily Batavia Patch newsletter.