Batavia Students Awarded Scholarships Through Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley
The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley recently awarded 10 scholarships to Batavia residents for the 2012-13 academic year. The potential value of these scholarships over the next four years is $30,000.
The 2012-2013 scholarship recipients from Batavia are:
- Peg Bond Scholarship: Audrey Oster
- Carpentry & Construction Scholarship: Ryan Anderson
- Community Foundation Scholarship: Peter Karkos, Katelyn Klemm, Lindsay Kohlmeier, Claire Zinser
- Arthur D. & Mary Ann Court Scholarship: Kallie Renfus
- Italian-American Mutual Aid Society of Aurora, Illinois Scholarship: Alex DiVerde
- Ruth H. & B.R. Skaggs Scholarship: Thomas Pacer
- Carl E. Swanson & Clara M. Swanson & Family Scholarship: Kelsey Miller
The purpose of the Community Foundation Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to students who are academically qualified to pursue an advanced education in their chosen field of study.
Scholarships are established within the Community Foundation by:
- Non-profit organizations
- Civic clubs
- Through bequests
Citizens interested in creating scholarship funds to support the continuing education of Batavia students are invited to contact the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley by calling 630-896-7800 or visiting our web site at www.CommunityFoundationFRV.org.
The Community Foundation office is located at 111 West Downer Place, Suite 312, Aurora, Illinois, 60506.